12 season athletes reflect on athletic experience

John Bowers

As seniors approach their final weeks of high school, their high school athletic careers also come to an end. Dulaney has many fantastic athletes in the athletics program, but there are a select few who have played a sport during the fall, winter, and spring season from their freshman to senior year.

Megan Culp played as an outside back on Dulaney’s soccer team and threw shot put and ran the 100 meter dash for indoor and outdoor track.

To me, being a 12 season athlete is about dedication and a love for the sport you do. You put in over 10 hours a week at practice and games for more than 2 months at a time without breaks, you need to have the drive to want to compete and get better,” said Culp.

Kayla Goggans was a flyer for both winter and spring cheer and competed in discus on the outdoor track and field team.

“Being a 12 season athlete means more than being on a team to me. It meant building unbreakable relationships and making irreparable memories. It also means putting in dedication and hard work,” said Goggans.

London McFarlane played defense and midfield in soccer, point guard in basketball and defense in lacrosse.

“Being a 12 season athlete to me means to be dedicated and to have passion for the game and also to know how to balance everything and manage time well,” said McFarlane.

Matthew Lewis played allied soccer, bocce ball and softball.

“Over the past four years, I have enjoyed playing sports. Allied softball was my favorite and my favorite thing to do is swing the bat,” said Lewis. 

Cara Beaufelter also played allied soccer, bocce ball and softball.

“I was happy being a 12 season athlete and liked playing. My favorite thing to do was catching,” said Beaufelter.