Athlete to Watch: Elena Emde

Elena Emde

Senior Elena Emde continues to be an active member of Varsity girls lacrosse.

Emde has played lacrosse for the past 12 years and has been a part of Dulaney High School (DHS) lacrosse for her entire high school career. 

“I definitely would describe Dulaney lacrosse as one big family. I think we are all very close on and off the field,” says Emde.  

Emde strictly plays midfield and also takes the draw. At the beginning of every game whichever team wins the draw takes control of the game. 

“The most difficult part of my position is having to adjust to the other team’s draw takers on the draw circle,” says Emde. 

In addition to Dulaney lacrosse, Emde has also played for Coppermine, a club lacrosse team, since fourth grade. She plans to continue playing club lacrosse in college when she attends University of Maryland in the fall. 

In the upcoming season, Emde hopes to end her high school lacrosse career by beating Towson and making it to regional championships. She will miss team dinners and bus rides with  her teammates. When she’s at practice, Emde’s favorite drill of all time is situational 7v7s. 

“We get to practice being man up and man down which prepares us for unexpected situations,” says Emde. 

Emde is excited to see where her last season takes her and can’t wait to make more memories with her teammates.