Athlete to Watch: Sarah Crowley

Kevin Graziano

Sophomore Sarah Crowley has played Dulaney Varsity Lacrosse for two years. She has a tremendous impact on the field, working hard to strengthen her team.

Crowley is a midfielder who executes important plays on the defensive and offensive ends.

“It is such a fun environment. We work as hard as we can and give it our all every day but we just love hanging out with each other in general,” said Crowley.

Being on varsity helped Crowley’s lacrosse ability increase greatly by exposing her to high-level opponents, forcing her out of her comfort zone.

“When she steps onto the field, she kind of just puts it all out there. It’s like a lack of self-consciousness. Like she is not worried about anything else but playing the game and pushing herself and her teammates,” said varsity lacrosse coach Kristi Korrow.

Crowley has played lacrosse since she was 5 years old, including with the North East Maryland Select (NEMS) lacrosse club, and aims to continue playing lacrosse in college. In preparation for the upcoming spring season, Crowley partakes in live game play and 7v7 scrimmages. 

This year, Crowley hopes to follow up Dulaney’s advancement to the state championships last season by winning the whole tournament.