Athlete to Watch: Thomas Mezzullo

John Bowers

Senior Thomas Mezzullo is a third-year varsity baseball athlete at Dulaney. Mezzullo has played shortstop his entire 12-year career.

Baseball season officially starts March 1st, but during the off-season, Mezzullo has been putting in the work to prepare. 

“For the off season I prepare by going to the gym, doing our indoor workouts where we work on fielding, running, throwing and hitting. I also go to the field with teammates and get work in,” said Mezzullo. 

Mezzullo has played for different teams over the years, including Dulaney and Five Star Mason Dixon. Baseball has had a huge impact on Mezzullo’s high school experience as he’s created close friendships and memories with his teammates. 

“I’m looking forward to having fun and bonding more with my team and friends this season,“ said Mezullo.

One of Mezzullo’s favorite things about Dulaney baseball is the strong family it provides. 

After high school, Mezzullo is continuing his baseball career at McDaniel College, while planning on majoring in business.