Athlete to Watch: Lilly Tinker

Kevin Graziano

Senior Lilly Tinker is a standout athlete on the Dulaney softball team. She has been playing softball for eight years, including four years with the Dulaney Varsity team.

On the softball field, Tinker pitches, plays middle infield and outfield. Being a part of Dulaney softball has taught her many important things, including the importance of a team. 

“Dulaney softball is a family of players who have all grown up playing together. As a team, we work hard to improve ourselves and have a lot of fun together,” said Tinker. 

Tinker gets in as much practice as she can. In addition to Dulaney softball, she plays for Gold Coast Hurricanes 18A and gets personal training. 

“I practice alongside the team as well as take pitching lessons and work outside of team practices to identify and correct my own personal weaknesses,” said Tinker. 

Tinker can’t wait for the softball season to start. She loves meeting and playing with friends, and is excited to lead the team as a captain. 

Last season, Dulaney Softball made it to 4A States for the first time in 22 years. Tinker had great contributions to the team in the playoffs.

“In the state semifinal game against Broadneck High School, I was able to pitch 5 shutout innings leading to a historic victory, leading us to go to the state championship,” said Tinker.

Tinker is hoping to play softball in college and is looking at schools with good club teams.