Fashion forward at Dulaney High School

Brooke Koska

Seniors Brooke Koska and Morghan McMearty talk on their thrifting experiences.

Brooke Koska considers fashion a hobby of hers, especially since becoming an employee at Plato’s Closet, a store that buys and sells gently used clothes. 

Q: Would you say fashion is a hobby for you?
A:  I’d say fashion is one of my favorite hobbies especially because I work at a thrift store and since I thrift most of my clothes it just became one of my hobbies. 

Koska has discovered some trends that aren’t her favorite.

Q: What is your big no in fashion?

A: Galaxy print anything, and those slides that look a little bit like golf balls glued together.

Morghan McMearty and Koska share an interest in thrifting. McMearty thinks that thrifting is not only inexpensive, but a fun activity as well. 

Q: Where do you like to shop?

A: Thrift stores! There are so many hidden gems there and for a discounted price too. You may also find something so atrocious you just have to try it on for fun and have a laugh about it. 

She also believes that there is no better feeling than wearing an outfit that brings confidence, wearing an outfit that is comfortable yet fits. 

Q: Why did you get into fashion?

A: Seeing what works and what doesn’t is really therapeutic to me. The compliments you get when you make a good outfit is a really good feeling. 

Koska and McMearty’s fashion mindset is that thrifting is the way to go when it comes to any occasion.