Our mission: to enlighten and to entertain

The perfect playlist for Spring

The perfect playlist for Spring
Montana Happy

The perfect spring playlist for warmer days approaching.

I selected 10 songs that I think symbolize this change in seasons, and will bring joy to those who listen. 

“Ho Hey,” by The Lumineers

Ho Hey is a childhood classic for many, with its folkish instrumentals and blissful chorus: “I belong with you, you belong with me, you’re my sweetheart.” I think this song has a very positive vibe and encourages love and belonging. 

“All the Pretty Girls,” by KALEO

This song encapsulates the serene feeling of strolling through the woods on a sunny day. I often listen to it while hiking in spring time, or in the car with my friends. The tempo change in the middle of the song symbolizes the shift from dreary winter into vibrant spring.

“False Alarm,” by The Head And The Heart

False Alarm is an anthem of the “YOLO (you only live once)” mindset. One of the first lines is: “I’m tired of wasting life, searching out going round, what became such a false alarm.” Through this song, The Head And The Heart implores their listeners to let go of their anxieties and embrace living in the moment. 

“Sweet Creature,” by Harry Styles

In this soulful, soft rock song, Harry Styles depicts what it is like to experience pure, gentle love. The guitar instrumentals are calming and peaceful, which makes Sweet Creature a perfect addition to the spring setlist. 

“Here Comes The Sun,” by The Beatles

Here Comes The Sun is an all-time classic and a melody of happiness and hope. The constant message of reassurance, “it’s alright,” is one key theme of this song. The Beatles articulate how hard times, or “long, cold, lonely winters” make it difficult to see the good in things, but it is important to look on the bright side.

“You’re Gonna Go Far,” by Noah Kahan

Noah Kahan is arguably one of the most influential artists of the year, and his music touches the hearts of many. “You’re Gonna Go Far” is a song encouraging us all to go out and see the world; to have no regrets. His instrumentals are lively, and the chorus inspires growth. My favorite line is: “Pack up your car, put a hand on your heart, say whatever you feel, be wherever you are. We ain’t angry at you, love. You’re the greatest thing we’ve lost.”

“Davy Crochet,” by The Backseat Lovers

Davy Crochet is a poppy, punk song with a joyful tone throughout the song. The Backseat Lovers have a distinctive vibe, which is perfect for spring. This song is about teenage romance and the happiness that comes with finding people that make you feel special and cared for. 

“Big Black Car,” by Gregory Alan Isakov

Gregory Alan Isakov is one of my personal favorite artists, and a major figure in folk rock. Big Black Car is a song about growing up and the changes we face along the way. When talking of troubles, Isakov sings, “They won’t stay, they won’t stay for too long now. This could be all that we know of love and all.” I see this song as a perfect metaphor for spring and the beautiful guitar soundtrack is soothing to the ears. 

“Still Beating,” by Mac DeMarco

From the first couple seconds of this song, the listener is immersed in “Still Beating”’s joyful, upbeat soundtrack. This is a ballad of springtime, and the perfect tune to play on a nice sunny day. Mac DeMarco is well known as a very positive artist, and I think the overall vibe of “Still Beating” is a necessity on this setlist. 

“All Your’n,” by Tyler Childers

All Your’n is a perfect end to this list because of its happy-go-lucky tune and lyrics. Spring is a season of jubilation and rebirth, and those feelings are embodied by this song. The iconic chorus “I’ll love you ‘till my lungs give out, I ain’t lyin. I’m all yours, you’re all mine.”