Fashion forward at Dulaney

Ryleigh Bernhardt

Seniors Ivy Nyugen and Mariana Rosenstiel share their personal winter style insights.

Whether it’s mid-rise jeans, Uggs, puffer jackets or a simple black top, Nyugen and Rosenstiel know how to combine the right clothing, jewelry and accessories and make their perfect outfit.

Rosenstiel 

Q: What piece of clothing do you think really pulls your outfit together?

A: I love my puffer jacket, because my number one goal in life is to be cute and comfortable and the puffer does it all.

Not only is it a bold fashion statement, it can go easily with mid-rise jeans, a pair of sweats and even a skirt. A puffer jacket is a key accessory to any outfit, and not only is it fashionable but comfortable as well.

Nyugen

A: I love a good black skirt, like if I don’t know what else to wear, a black skirt can be a good going-out outfit.

Nyugen’s love for skirts is just as passionate as Rosenstiel’s liking for puffer jackets; the Aritzia Super Puff to be specific.

Skirts or puffer jackets aren’t the only things that can pull an outfit together. Nyugen believes jewelry can put the finishing touch on any ensemble. 

Q: What accessories pull your outfit together? 

A: Even if you are wearing a black shirt, if you put jewelry on it just automatically looks that much better.