Early College Access Program details

Josie Elder

Dulaney High School students are given opportunities to prepare for college using the ECAP (Early College Access Program) Dual Enrollment with CCBC.

Students can look at what courses they are eligible for based on their GPA or placement tests. If they have a 2.5 unweighted GPA or higher, they are eligible for English 101 and will not need a placement test. If one’s GPA is under 2.5, ACLT (Advanced Academic Literacy) 053 is a prerequisite students will need to take before English 101. 

To get started, students will need to apply to CCBC online, create a login ID and password and meet with their high school counselor for their transcript and a link to submit it. It will also be necessary to fill out the ECAP consent form.

For funding, CCBC will pay at least 50% and BCPS will pay the other 50% if students are College and Career Ready (CCR).  3 Credits are $561 – 50% is about $280. College and career readiness is determined by if a student has one of the following:

1. 3.0 GPA and earned C, B or A in Algebra 1
  2. 3 or higher on English 10 MCAP or 3 or higher on either Algebra 1, Geometry, or Algebra 2 MCAP
  3. 3 or higher on English 10 MCAP and 520 or higher on math SAT

Summer classes for CCBC will be 50% off, not tuition free, but students will have the opportunity to receive 4 free classes if CCR in the fall and spring.