Our mission: to enlighten and to entertain

Summer employment program available to Dulaney High School students

BALTIMORE COUNTY GOVERNMENT

Baltimore County runs a Youth Summer Employment Program from July 1 through Aug. 9. To be considered, 14 to 21-year-olds must apply by April 12.

College readiness and career counselor John Kamosa consistently posts to the class of 2024 Schoology page with scholarships and job opportunities for students and the Baltimore County Youth Summer Employment Program was recently featured on the page. 

The program prepares students for the workforce and teaches them about financial empowerment. Students are expected to work 25 hours per week earning $15.00 an hour. 

“Part of the application process, you would list your areas of interest. For instance, if you were interested in information technology they might make your summer position something to do with websites the government may use,” said Komosa. 

Receiving a job in one’s area of interest is not guaranteed, however, hiring supervisors do their best to accommodate applicants.  Most county and government jobs are offered in the Towson area; making it easy for DHS to commute to work. See the link below to access the application and learn more information on requirements. 

https://mailchi.mp/baltimorecountymd.gov/baltimore-county-business-buzz-3170299?e=792df041f1