College Knowledge Night

Dulaney High School’s (DHS) counseling department will host an event to help junior families navigate the college application process on March 14th at 7 P.M in the classic cafeteria.

Preparing for college applications in junior year can be beneficial. College readiness counselor John Komosa explains why it is important to get a head start and know what is coming.

“Basically, it’s an overview of thinking about post-secondary plans for students, so it’s both college and career,” said Komosa.

DHS counselors will lead a presentation for parents to learn more about the application process. Afterward, parents can ask questions as needed.  

“We talk about how you search for colleges using your interests and using search engines, how testing is and the application process, questions to ask when you visit colleges, going to college fairs, and meeting with reps here at school,” said Komosa. 

At College Knowledge Night, other opportunities that don’t involve a four-year university will also be mentioned. 

“There are opportunities available at the community college in terms of degree opportunity, trades school opportunities that weren’t available at the community college, and we talk about military options,” said Mr. Komosa. 

Counselors will go into classrooms on March 6th and 7th to speak with juniors.