Our mission: to enlighten and to entertain

OneLove organizes assembly in the spirit of Valentine’s Day

Natasha Aragon

Dulaney’s OneLove will facilitate an escalation workshop for juniors and seniors during English classes on Feb. 15 and 16. In acknowledgment of Valentine’s Day, the assembly aims to inform participants about unhealthy relationships.

During the assembly, students will watch a 40-minute-long video retelling the story of Yeardley Love and how the organization came to be. 

After the video, students return to their English classrooms to hold open discussions with their classmates and trained facilitators from the OneLove club. 

OneLove is known for its education regarding healthy and unhealthy relationships and the escalation workshop is no different. Alyssa Alvarez and Megan Puente, co-presidents of OneLove, are hosting this event.

“The purpose and inspiration of the event, and the foundation as a whole, is to raise awareness about relationship violence and warning signs,” said Alvarez. 

This event has become a tradition at Dulaney. It is held every two years for students to experience the workshop as a junior or senior.