Our mission: to enlighten and to entertain

BCPS offers awards to Team BCPS Day participants

Retrieved from the BCPS website

Baltimore County Public Schools (BCPS) welcomes all members of the community to participate in their annual Team BCPS Day on Jan. 11. Prizes will be awarded to 20 of the best participants who post their attire to the #BCPSblue hashtag on social media.

Team BCPS Day is a county-wide celebration of its schools, students, teachers, staff, volunteers and supporters. Incepted during the term of former BCPS Superintendent Dr. Dallas Dance, the celebration is held on the second Thursday of each January. Dulaney High School (DHS) is an active participant, and Principal Samuel Wynkoop encourages students and staff to embrace its message of unity.

“While [BCPS] has 177 different schools, we’re all showing togetherness and the individual ways that we can promote that kind of unity, strength and endurance as a system,” says Wynkoop.

This year, BCPS wants to take the celebration a step further by awarding prizes to those deemed the best participants. 20 categories—including Best Large Group Photo, Most Fun Classroom Photo and First to Use the #BCPSblue Hashtag on January 11—are listed on the BCPS website. One prize will be awarded to the best participant in each. Community members can submit by posting a photo or video of their attire with the #BCPSblue hashtag on any social media to be judged.

“This year, we hope to take the day to a higher level to reflect this community’s enduring commitment to public education excellence,” says current BCPS Superintendent Dr. Myriam Rogers (Yarbrough). 

Prepare to wear BCPS Blue attire and take some fun pictures this Thursday to celebrate this outstanding community.