Our mission: to enlighten and to entertain

Dulaney’s National English Honor Society competes in local Festival of Trees

Nishka Sharma

Festival of Trees hosts Dulaney and other communities to decorate trees, gingerbread houses and wreaths to raise money for the Kennedy Krieger Institute. Students from National English Honor Society (NEHS) students prepared by creating ornaments inspired by the Christmas story, “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.”

Every community that participated in the Festival of Trees had a Christmas-themed tree, gingerbread house or wreath. As part of the event, the different groups compete to see which tree fits the theme best. Dulaney’s Christmas tree started at a bid of $150.

All products at the event were available for anyone to buy as all the proceeds went to children with special health conditions.

English teacher Ashlynn Campbell, who has been coordinating NEHS for several years, has a special appreciation for the Festival of Trees. 

“It’s a huge charity event that makes everyone super happy, including myself. I have been doing it for a little while now, and I think it is an amazing way to come together as a community,” said Campbell. 

NEHS participates in this event every year as a way of giving back to the community.