Poll

How did you hear about our newest edition?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.

Students share why they choose to participate in HOCO Spirit Week

Participating Dulaney students during HOCO Spirit Week share why they contributed to the daily themes.

Dulaney High School (DHS) Homecoming Spirit Week thrived with creative looks and outfits. Each day of the week had its own theme: “It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown,” “Terror Tuesday,” “White Lie Wednesday,” “Scarecrows vs. Witches” and “Dulaney day.”

Monday, juniors Christina Neimiller and Heidi Giesler were seen around the halls dressed as Charlie Brown and Linus.

“We chose to participate because Dulaney needs some more school spirit,” said Neimiller.

Tuesday, many used face paint and capes to showcase their creativity. Sophomore Madeline Meisinger-Blaschak was seen wearing a frightening face paint look.

“Spirit week is an excuse to dress up,” said Meisinger-Blaschak.

Wednesday called for participation in the white lie trend, as students wrote a comedic lie on a white t-shirt to wear around school. Sophomores Seema Khusha and Paige Holmes schooled the hallways with their unique lines.

“It’s fun and encourages more school spirit,” said Khusha and Holmes.

Thursday, juniors Emily Kim and Kitanna Easton were found living up to the day’s spirit week prompt, dressed as a scarecrow and witch.

“It’s fun to dress up,” said Kim.

Spirit week concluded with “Dulaney Day,” followed by the annual Pep Rally. Students wore their DHS spirit wear to show their school pride. Athletes Becca Vernarelli, Christian Runfola, Caroline Hewat and Andrew Weber stood out, wearing their DHS varsity soccer uniforms to represent the love for their teams.

“I wore my Dulaney soccer uniform to promote Friday’s Pep Rally,” said Vernarelli.