Our mission: to enlighten and to entertain

Poll

How did you hear about our newest edition?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.

Fall guitar and dance concert analysis

Caroline Hewat

As students at Dulaney High School (DHS) anticipate the upcoming Thanksgiving break, fall concerts are in full swing! The DHS guitar and dance classes performed at the fall concert on Nov. 2. The show consisted of contemporary dance, instrumental adaptations and vocals.

Both dance and guitar went back and forth in their turns to showcase their achievements  from the first marking period. The night began with interpretive dance to “Masquerade,” choreographed by junior Shivani Mutreja. At the end of the first dance act, Advanced Guitar performed the instrumentals to “Black Summer,” by Red Hot Chili Peppers. The two classes continued with interchanging acts, arousing claps and cheers from the audience. A crowd favorite of the dances was “Circus of Dread,” in which the dancers wore halloween-esque masks. This act was the final performance for the dancers. The final act for guitar, a vocal and instrumental adaptation of “Yer Blues,” by The Beatles, earned lively crowd responses, with many cheers for the group-of-four’s lead singer, senior Charlie Lanasa. When asked about her experience with Dulaney Guitar, senior Maya Tarantino “would definitely recommend the class” to any students interested in music.