Poll

How did you hear about our newest edition?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.

Senior wants to pump up the volume in the student section

Andrew Conyers and Coach Korrow

A noticeable difference in student section enthusiasm during games prompts mission to revive school spirit.

Senior Thomas Mezzullo claims the student section is not as enthusiastic as they used to be. For example, during the varsity home football game against Catonsville High, Mezzullo and other seniors were struggling to engage our student section to fill the stands with excitement for the game. 

To encourage student participation, Mezzullo suggests students should create social media posts and participate in themed games.

Andrew Conyers and Coach Korrow

“I feel like what could help it would be everybody doing the themes, white outs, red outs, Hawaiian, that could totally help with everyone becoming more interactive…It could help everybody become closer together, especially if everyone’s wearing the same theme, it makes everyone more united,” said Mezzullo. 

On the receiving end of student section spirit, senior football starter Andrew Conyers reflects on the impact that it has on him and his teammates. 

“I think when everybody is cheering it kind of motivates our team, gets us going…just puts everybody in a positive spirit, especially if we’re winning,” said Conyers. 

Adding to the discussion with Conyers, Varsity football coach, Paul Thompson states his opinion of the use of themes during games and the effect on players. 

“It is very important, they love it because it gets the fans enthusiastic about coming to the games. They enjoy looking up at the crowd especially on special days like the red out,” said Thompson.

Andrew Conyers and Coach Korrow

“When things are going wrong and you look up, they’re cheering really loud, and they’re jumping up and down…It makes the atmosphere a lot better for teams, when they come here it makes them a little bit nervous to play here because our fans are loud and rowdy. We also have a marching band..So it’s loud,” added Thompson.