Poll

How did you hear about our newest edition?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.

Dulaney prepares for Spirit Week

Gabrielle Cassini

The Student Government Organization (SGO) organized a week full of spirit for Dulaney High School students and staff to celebrate Homecoming week, Oct. 23-27.

“Last year we had the best participation in spirit week I’ve seen in a lot of years, and I hope this year will be the same,” says Stacy Reynolds, 22nd year SGO Advisor.

A lot of thought and effort goes into planning Spirit Week, including research on trends, conversations with other schools, brainstorming, voting and so much more. This process includes the entire SGO and is run by president, Alice Lu. This year’s Spirit Week categories include Halloween themes, as the theme of the Homecoming Dance is Haunted Homecoming. The dance itself will take place on Oct. 28, three days before Halloween. The Spirit Day themes are as follows:

Monday: “The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown”

Tuesday: Terror Tuesday 

Wednesday: White-Lie Wednesday 

This new category is trending on TikTok. People write a fun white-lie about themselves on a tee-shirt. The funnier the better. Reynold’s shared that this is the day she is most looking forward to seeing students participate in because there is a lot of potential for cleverness and humor.

Thursday: Witches vs. Scarecrows

Friday: Dulaney Pride 

Show off school spirit by wearing as much red as possible. 

The Pep Rally takes place later that day, so the more school pride the better. During Pep Rally, the entire school will come together to recognize the fall sports teams and prepare for the three upcoming events that happen on Saturday: The Dulaney Parade, junior varsity and varsity football game v.s. Towson and Haunted Homecoming.