Poll

How did you hear about our newest edition?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.

Recent vandalism prompts swift action from Dulaney administration

Addison Michael

On Oct. 1 at around 2:30 a.m., two unidentified individuals vandalized various parts of Dulaney High School (DHS) with black spray paint. The Baltimore County Public Schools (BCPS) vandalism team cleared the graffiti shortly after.

DHS Assistant Principal Robert Murray was the first to encounter the vandalism. Murray arrived at the school around 6:45 a.m. where he immediately noticed graffiti scattered on the doors, walls and windows outside the cafeteria. 

“This is horrible stuff. It happens on occasion. I think it’s happened at least two timesmaybe threein my 10 years here. And that’s not a lot. But obviously these things happen, and we do our best to catch who did it,” said Murray.

Both the custodians and administration were quickly notified of the incident and the BCPS vandalism team was contacted, which is responsible for the safe and efficient cleaning of any graffiti reported in Baltimore County schools. Throughout the rest of the week, the team worked very hard to clear away as much graffiti as possible. More was found on the senior rocks and it was decided that nothing can be done without ruining the painted signatures previously applied by the Class of 2024 during their Senior Barbecue on Sep. 11, 2023.

Addison Michael

After checking the cameras, the administration found footage of two unknown individuals—both of which were covered head-to-toe in black in addition to face masks that only allowed view of their eyes. Their apparel is clear evidence that the incident was planned, which would result in more extreme consequences. DHS administration is actively working to identify these individuals and is confident in their ability to do so. Pictures from the camera footage were sent to DHS teachers, in hopes that they can help identify the culprits.

“We haven’t officially identified them yet, but usually we find these people eventually,” said Murray.

Although it cannot be confirmed those responsible are DHS students, they are expected to be found and punished accordingly. Any information about the incident should be reported to the administration immediately.