Our mission: to enlighten and to entertain

Camden Yards is the place to be

Josie Elder
Evening game at Camden Yards

As the Baltimore Orioles kick off their 2024 spring season, many Dulaney High School (DHS) students spend their free time at games cheering on their home team.

The Orioles’ opening day took place on Thursday, March 28 against the Los Angeles Angels with the Orioles winning. As the Major League Baseball (MLB) season continues, the Orioles have a record of 27 wins and 14 losses. Fans are ecstatic with the impressive season and regularly flock to games at Camden Yards. 

DHS junior Becca Vernarelli recently became interested in watching the Orioles partly due to the stadium environment.

“I love the feeling of being in the stadium and watching the comradery of the team playing together and getting excited when each other does well… I noticed they had started to get good so I became more interested,” said Vernarelli.

Other students echo similar opinions, such as freshman Allie Obaza.

“The environment is very cheerful and happy, many people are laughing and the fans are fun to be around,” said Obaza. 

“My favorite part is going with friends and family… the environment is very energetic and exciting.” said freshman Lila Gordon, a long-time Orioles fan. 

Other DHS Orioles fans agree. 

“I like the environment and seeing all of the familiar faces from my hometown, including my school friends, it is a happy, exciting and cheerful environment.” Says sophomore Maddy Breslow.

“I like how packed the stadium gets and the fans cheering and being supportive of the players.” Says another sophomore, Laurel Robinson.

The Orioles’ regular season will continue until the end of September.