Our mission: to enlighten and to entertain

National English Honor Society (NEHS) president Kerrie Bynum speaks about her responsibilities during her senior year

Kerrie Bynum

As Bynum finishes her senior year, she has  been looking back on all the memories she has created at Dulaney High School (DHS). She advises current juniors on how to handle a heavy workload while involving themselves within the community.

As NEHS president, Bynum plans  monthly meetings, and works with the NEHS board to create point opportunities and committees in which members can participate. She mentions how grateful she is for the board members and their help. 

“I do a mix of things for sure, we as an officer team work very collaboratively and all help each other which I am super thankful for,” Bynum said. 

Next year, Bynum will attend University of Maryland where she will major in psychology. She plans to become a forensic psychologist where she can provide tools and interventions in correctional facilities. 

Bynum’s senior year was tough as she had a heavy workload taking four AP classes. However, she is grateful for the time spent at her internship at Harford County Government Department of Community Services where she was able to attend both Truancy and Teen Court sessions. 

“I am really lucky to have met and been part of such an amazing community of people and I am absolutely going to miss the incredible teachers, coaches and friends I have made here,” Bynum said.

For upcoming seniors, Bynum’s advice is to stay on top of the workload by having a steady routine. She adds it is also important to spend as much time with your loved ones. 

“But really my best advice to give is just make time and enjoy being with your friends, family and anyone else you might not get to see as much after high school,” said Bynum.