Our mission: to enlighten and to entertain

Dealing with Multiple AP Exams

Becca Vernarelli

Students taking a large number of Advanced Placement (AP) classes are busy preparing for exams. 

Many students at Dulaney High School (DHS) take multiple Ap courses and exams each year.

Senior Mia Cooper is taking four AP classes this year, but in total has taken ten classes. 

“I chose to take AP classes to challenge myself and gain college credit so I don’t have to take as many classes at college,” said Cooper.

Junior Eve Fowler is taking five AP classes this year but has taken eight in total. 

“I decided to take AP classes in order to really challenge myself academically and to prepare myself for college classes,” said Fowler. 

With all the exams, it is common for students to feel stressed, making it necessary to incorporate a range of de-stressors and other study habits like finding a quiet place, taking notes, being organized and asking for help if needed. Students have access to various resources, whether that’s College Board, their teacher, textbooks and videos that enable themselves to do their best.

“I think it’s best to start studying early like a month early to reduce stress as u get closer to the test but sometimes the stress is motivating to actually study in that last week beforehand,” said Cooper.

Prioritizing mental health to stay calm and relaxed assists in exam preparation.

“AP classes can be a lot sometimes, but I have a strong support system, and I try to remember to stay positive,” said Fowler.