Seniors share tips to find college roommates

Finding a college roommate can be daunting, especially if given the choice. Dulaney seniors Jeffry Flores, Anna Dudas and Olivia Hetherington speak about their experiences.

Having to live with someone new can be intimidating, there are many tips to consider.

An important part is putting yourself out there. Senior Jeffry Flores, who will attend Penn State, commented on using school-specific social media pages. 

“I sent my information to Penn State class of 2028 Instagram accounts…people have been reaching out to me, and I’ve been able to get to know some guys on there…,” said Flores.

Senior Anna Dudas, who will attend the University of Miami, echoed the same experience in searching for someone to dorm with.

“I posted on the UMiami 2028 Instagram page and gave a brief summary about myself and uploaded some pictures…This girl dm’d me and said she saw my post and that we had a lot in common…We started talking and getting to know each other…so we decided to be roommates,” said Dudas. 

Another important tip is to know what you expect in a roommate. Senior Olivia Hetherington, who will also attend Penn State, shares some advice.

”Don’t be discouraged if it takes a little to find someone because it’s frustrating when it takes a while…basic qualities: outgoing, likes sports, and goes to bed early,” said Hetherington.