Our mission: to enlighten and to entertain

Students Who Care educates students and serves homeless shelters

Julia Treger

Sophomore Club Leader Julia Treger shares the impact of Dulaney High School’s (DHS) Students Who Care club on students and the homeless community.

Students Who Care is a new club at DHS this school year. Treger was inspired to create the club after realizing DHS did not have a club that served the homeless. She founded the club alongside peers Lucy Springer, Megan Price and Ava O’donell.

“[Our goals are to] inform the students about people who live unhoused and help them to get more involved in the community and try to actually help them to live a better, more stable life,” says Treger.

Students can find meeting dates on the club Instagram page, @studentswhocaredhs. At meetings, students are informed on what leads to homelessness through slideshows and activities. Currently, the club is setting up necessity drives and hopes to start packing bags to send to shelters.

Treger plans to partner with The Baltimore Hunger Project in an effort to expand both Students Who Care and the overall service toward the homeless. Students Who Care hopes to continue expanding and gaining new members throughout the school year.