Student starts custom bouquet business

Student starts custom bouquet business
Dayana Perez

Senior Dayana Perez started her own small business, Bouquet and Beauty, in October 2023. Perez creates bouquets of mixed flowers, rose boxes, flat rose bouquets and eternal ribbon roses that she sells through instagram.

Perez developed a love for flowers by watching her mom grow them at home. One year, Perez decided she wanted to make a handmade birthday gift for her mom: a bouquet. 

“I made it for her and she really loved it and she gave me the idea of selling bouquets because she thought I could make a business out of something I enjoyed doing,” says Perez. 

As a young business owner, Perez has learned the importance of practice and consistency, determined to gain the satisfaction of her customers with each order she makes. When assembling orders, Perez carries the skills she’s learned from watching her mother grow flowers.

“I start by de-thorning each individual rose. After I have done that, I gather my roses and arrange them into the perfect bouquet. This takes the most time, just making sure to place every rose in a way that will make the bouquet the perfect shape and look full,” Perez explains.

Though her business is young, Perez suggests that more is to come, hinting at the possibility of introducing chocolate-covered strawberries to Bouquet & Beauty’s services. She also hopes to continue her work in college. 

“Something I hope for the future of my business is to do bouquets for larger events like quinces and possibly weddings. I would really love to make bouquets that the quinceañera can carry and for weddings for bridesmaids to carry,” says Perez.