Nearby employers are hiring workers

Josie Elder, Maddy Breslow

Several employment opportunities in the Cockeysville area are open to students. Students Summer Trivett and Alleen Yu share their experiences getting hired.

Pappas, a restaurant on Cranbrook Road, is currently hiring hosts, servers and bussers. Pappas welcomes Dulaney High School (DHS) students to come in during open hours to pick up an employment application.

“Getting a job at Pappas was pretty easy since I knew a lot of people working there. Also, the workers were so helpful while I was training,” said senior Summer Trivett.

Coppermine Health and Fitness on West Timonium Road is open to hiring new employees. The gym encourages those interested to schedule an in-person interview.

“My interview process went smoothly and the gym has been a really fun place to work at with friends,” said senior Shemar Hayles. 

The Country’s Best Yogurt (TCBY), located on York Road in Timonium, is currently open to hiring new employees, accepting online or in-store applications.

“Applying to TCBY was a smooth process. The staff is incredibly friendly and flexible with my school schedule. Plus, it’s super convenient working there since it’s close to Dulaney,” said sophomore Alleen Yu.

Lastly, Chick-Fil-A looks to fill their Cockeysville location’s cashier and cook positions this winter and upcoming spring. Students are welcome to apply online or in-person to ask an employee for a paper application.

“Chick-Fil-A is an incredibly friendly environment and the process of getting hired was simple and quick…[working there] teaches [employees] so many valuable lessons,” said junior Litzy Cos-Madrid.