Poll

How did you hear about our newest edition?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.

Dulaney Celebrates the Jewish Community

Dulaney Celebrates the Jewish Community
Julia Comoglio

With winter holidays around the corner, Dulaney’s Jewish Student Council (JSC) prepares for Hanukkah.

These celebrations are spent by eating food and spending time with family and friends. Senior Julia Comoglio, President of the JSC, works to plan games and teach the club about holidays and Jewish pop culture.

“I work with networking/social media platforms, lesson-making with PowerPoints at meetings, and have planned and led games like a Sukkah building challenge out of toothpicks and marshmallows. I also recruited two members of the board to help out with these activities,” says Comoglio.

Art department chair Chris Marsico stepped in as JSC advisor after math teacher Kelli Goetz left Dulaney last school year.  

The JSC will be hosting a Hanukkah event in December, where members will provide traditional foods, gelt and dreidels to play with. This will be followed by a lesson about the history of Hanukkah. Activity announcements will be posted on the JSC’s social media to inform students about the upcoming event.