Poll

How did you hear about our newest edition?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.

Dulaney Pep Rally run out songs 2023 playlist

Kate Lakatta

At Dulaney’s Pep Rally on Oct. 27, sports teams ran out to songs that were selected to represent the team’s spirit.

Starting off strong, Allied Soccer ran out to “Thriller,” by Michael Jackson. This song was selected to boost everyone’s excitement about Halloween. 

The varsity women’s soccer team picked the song “Hot Wings,” by Will.i.am, Jamie Foxx and Anne Hathaway from the movie Rio

“Someone started singing the Rio song during a drill and then we all said how fun that song is so we decided that it was going to be our song,” senior Olivia Hetherington said.

Lots of teams ran out to songs they discovered during practice. The football team ran out to one of their pre-game hype songs, “Flooded the Face,” by Lil Uzi Vert. The love for this song helped to unite this team. 

“It just goes to show that there’s no I in team,” said senior Charlie Lodge.

Volleyball chose “I Just Wanna Rock,” another song by Lil Uzi Vert. Cheer chose to run out to the song “SkeeYee,” by Sexxy Red which excited both the team and the crowd. It seemed to be a fan favorite during the Pep Rally. 

A few other currently popular rap songs were chosen: Mens golf ran out to “Hot,” by Yung thug, women’s golf ran out to “Superhero,” by Metro Boomin, men’s soccer ran out to “Need It,” by Migos and boys cross country ran out to “Going Bad,” by Meek Mill. 

Girls cross country ran out to a throwback by the Black Eyed Pees called “Boom Boom Pow,” which came out in 2009 and was popular during current high schoolers childhoods. Field hockey had the same approach, running out to “All I do Is Win,” by DJ Khaled, a song released in 2010. 

While most teams tended to lean towards a song that fell in the genre of rap or hip-hop, badminton chose a k-pop song: “Cupid,” by Fifty Fifty. 

The playlist that helped bring school spirit during the Pep Rally can be seen below.