Student car tires slashed while parked at school

Anonymous student

Through February and March, five cars of Dulaney High School (DHS) students had their tires slashed while parked along East Padonia Rd during the school day.

No damage was done to any of the car bodies, but all five incidents resulted in the two passenger side tires being punctured.

“It was just a little puncture and on the side closest to the curb. It’s almost like someone was walking and just popped them,” said one student who had their tires popped.

Although the damage was small, the cost was not low as these students needed to pay for a tow truck, new tires and tire replacement fees. One student also needed to pay for an Uber as they had no other way of getting home.

Students have expressed various emotions in reaction to this inconvenience. One student reported feeling confused as to why it happened.

“I was shocked. I didn’t know why they were popped because I was allowed to park there and other people park there too,” said the student.

Another student was just very angry about the situation.

“I had just gotten out of the SAT so it was very much so ‘I’m already tired and now this?’ That week was just a lot already and with all of that piled on top, plus this, I was just not happy,” said the student. 

The investigation is still open, and some of these students worry that it could happen to them again, so some are finding new methods of transportation to and from school. As for others who have no other convenient way of travel, they hope that it won’t happen again.

“I’ve continued parking there, but I’ve been checking carefully to make sure the car is fine,” said one student.